Date PostedAugust 16, 2017
Application DeadlineSeptember 20, 2017
ContactDr. Kelly Harkins
Position typeFull time
Claret Bio is looking for a talented lab technician to join our small, motivated team located on the UCSC campus. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience working in a research laboratory, and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline. In addition, experience in one or more of these fields is required: nucleic acid extraction, molecular biology (e.g. cloning, PCR), biochemistry, genomics, next-generation sequencing.
- Nucleic acid extraction
- DNA quantitation and quantification
- Sequencing library preparation
- Operation of next-generation sequencer – Illumina platform
- Work closely with the core research and management team
Desired background and attributes include:
- 2 years of lab experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or other life science; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation skills
- Experience with meticulous protocol optimization
- Ability to work independently; reliable; able to make/stick to deadlines
- Strong communication skills and collegial nature
- PhD will be considered if candidate can also contribute to DNA assay development, experimental design and implementation, and/or management. Inquire.
As a Claret Bioscience employee, you will receive fulltime benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, as well as paid holidays and PTO. Candidates that meet our requirements will be contacted directly.