Date PostedAugust 16, 2017
Application DeadlineSeptember 20, 2017
ContactDr. Kelly Harkins
Position typeFull time
Early stage R&D startup, recently awarded a phase I SBIR from the NIH, in need of expertise in computational biology and genomics. Looking for PhD-level bioinformatician to join our small team. We hope to find passionate, problem-solving scientists who are ready to go all in with us, from design to development to the market.
We desire a candidate with the following:
- PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in analysis of short-read nucleic acid sequencing data; experience with analysis of cancer genomes preferred. Familiarity with Illumina platforms a must.
- Skilled at data visualization with interest in developing new bioinformatic tools
- Fluency in python, java, c or c++
- Desire to drive high impact discovery in an startup/industry research setting
- Preferred 4+ years industry or considerable postdoctoral experience.
The scientist will work closely with our molecular biologists to evaluate our technology to drive improvements in assay performance. This position would be a good fit for someone who is detail-oriented, enjoys brainstorming new ideas and applications for technology, and can communicate ideas/results effectively in weekly lab meetings. Must be content in a dynamic startup environment where each team member might take on multiple roles.
Located in beautiful beachside Santa Cruz – live and play in the same place! We offer competitive salary and benefits. Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of offer.